Saturday, August 1, 2015

Thanks And No Thanks To John Green

He hurt my brain. He pushed me deeper into my introspection hole.

I was trying to think of relevant topics to write, something universal that should have a huge appeal to international readers, I came up short. My topics were mediocre in my opinion, if not too sappy or condescending. Everything is seemed to be discussed in the internet, how do you discuss a topic differently. Tsk. Plus, it did not appease my concern/insecurity (lol!) when I was reading a feature article by Bill Bryson for National Graphic, "The Essense of Provence", discussing, well, Provence, France. His words were curly and colorful. I have a long way to go with my vocabulary. But wait, saying his words were curly and colorful was not giving it justice. He was very descriptive in describing Provence. The place came alive in my mind, he transported me to the place and made me experience the culture and its climate or should I say, he brought Provence to where I was sitting at the moment. Soooo...

To rest my brain, I read Looking for Alaska. Reading (another genre) to rest from reading...BAD IDEA!

The love story didn't stick, because nothing happened. The girl had to die before the romance could happen. That could have been a temporary relief, instead JG had a different idea for his reader. Though it's very realistic, I still feel cheated. Lol.

How do you get out from the labyrinth of suffering? He posed that question for the main characters' finals in their Religion subject. It's also the over-all theme of the novel. It threw me into examining my own. Which led me to answer, I can't. There is no way out if I want to live still. Death is the only way out from suffering. Death, is the ultimate nirvana.

And he's referring about man as energy. That made sense, and it's pushing me further down the dark hole, with only myself to argue or discuss with. Lol. I don't have the energy to elaborate this. It involves too much of Physics. One shit at a time.

Also, there's the idea of microcosm of microcosm of microcosm- man being an organism with all his philosophy and stuff, is a world of his own; who belongs to a family which has set of values and rules and regulations which is also a world of its own; which belongs to a society, which belongs to a country which comprises the world and, the world as microcosm of a galaxy, which is a part of a universe and a universe is a part of an infinite possibility.

I have thought of an illustration of that. But, I couldn't find a perfect illustration of a man (I swear, no pun, lol), so until then...

Wait, so if you have the time in the world, and you just spend it thinking about things, you possibly could have a grand theory about something, right?

I have the weekend for that. Ta-ta for now. Enjoy yours, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment