Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's Penne And Me Tonight


I was never fond of dishes with white sauce. Well, maybe except pizza. Perhaps because I can drip ketchup or hot sauce over it. I grew up having pasta with tomato sauce. Fondness for white sauce is an acquired taste. White sauce is kind of French-y; fancy, refine and a bit of "haute". It's thick and rich... and it's too fancy for this thin and poor girl right here. Hahaha, bad joke. 

Wait, did I just use the word "fancy" twice?

This was in my head for days I needed to cook it to get over with it. I knew exactly how it tasted in my head. How I should cut the bacon and cook the chicken, how to mix the cream, milk and cheese, the chopped parsley as garnish...gosh, they were so on point in my thought. I just had to try to execute it if it's going to be perfect as it should be. Guess what, except for the overcooked penne, I got the taste perfectly as I thought it to be and my sisters liked it. One even brought some to school. I'm a happy girl! :) 

But I was wondering if the chicken bits were grilled, the flavor would have been more distinguished? Maybe next time.

Cheers to Penne With Chicken and Bacon In Creamy White Sauce!



The sauce settled at the bottom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment