Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Moving my lazy bones and presenting (drum rolls, please) Crown Regency Hotel and Towers.


Because I had more enthusiasm-some burst of energy which I did not even know where it came from and it's not even directed to anything-than my body can contain, I walked, under the mid-afternoon sun (yesterday, the 20th). I couldn't curb it sitting down, because it would just muddle my brain by thinking of possible things to do without doing anything. And THAT is more exhausting. Besides, resisting my enthusiasm is a disservice to my body and a disrespect to the moment, so I really have to let it go and set it free before it'll burn me from inside out.

So, here's my route, more than 30 minutes of walking the 2.5 km stretch. Should have been only 30 minutes if I did not make a stop in one of the department stores in Colon Street (the why will follow, in another post).

Courtesy: Google Map

Somewhere near Fuente OsmeƱa Circle (that green dot on the map) is located one of the posh hotels in Cebu City, the Crown Regency Hotel. From the street where I was yesterday, this is how it looked:

Crown Regency Hotel and Tower's the one on the right.

Yes, damn the ugly wires! I can play tic-tac-toe with the grid!

So, if I'm going to be the mayor (just hypothetically, because 1) i hate politics, 2) i hate politics and 3)i hate politics), I'll redefine my city by:
1.) burying all the live wires underground
2.) the city will have a day off - a day free of the vehicles' noise and carbon monoxide - and let the people walk, because hey, it's good for the health and we'll be helping save mother earth. (But this one's more on missing the past and once experiencing a cleaner city with less vehicles. Maybe, I'm stuck in the past. Or maybe, I'm transcending to want something purer and cleaner than what we have now. Loosely translated [since that becomes a wishful thinking with the rapid way we're destroying the earth]) I still want the bygone era. Lol)
Sometimes I wonder why the smarter people are not in the public offices and making the nation better. Hahaha. The #confidence.

Anyway, Crown Regency Hotel transforms at night. It becomes a Building of Colors! that can't be missed.


Photo: Flickr

The view from my apartment building at twilight.

So, I hope you're charmed by my city? I plan to, one photo at a time. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment