Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sense of Six

1. I do believe if/when you can't decide for yourself that you have enough, someone comes along or being sent in your way to save you from your destructive self. In my case, this time, my mother was my savior. Losing sleep for two consecutive nights did take a toll on me, though I was all to blame (being wired and all over the weekend). If she did not arrive, I was bound to commit the same blunder for days. So for her sake (she has disgusto with staying up late) and mine, I chose to sleep early (while she was around, that is).

2. In time you have to pay the price for your negligence. Again, I was referring about sleep. Lol. I found myself nodding off often even when I refused to do so. Helpless was the word. I could not even double the dosage of my caffeine intake because that would be compounding the problem. I realized though that when your body's due for the needed rest, it just gave in. But I want to avoid that. Getting sick is not in my life's agenda.

3. Some things happen by chance and not by choice. On some days nights I just can't sleep the required hours-maybe 2 or 3 hours at most. On some days and nights it's everything. I learnt not to fight it though. Sleeplessness eventually gets tired from harassing me. Lol. Although I have to be honest, I love the sleepless nights. I love the solitude it afforded me; every time, it feels like I own the world for just the night while others are deep in slumber. I am not complaining because I love the ride, really. If only we're not designed to sleep.

4. The oldies are more connected online. My mother is, at least. I was with her when she went hopping from one department store to another to check on some stuff, AND here's what I found out:


  • She walked slower (while I was trying my best not to sprint to the next destination because it was her call where to go next...sigh, lol), not because she was stopping to look at some of the displays, but to check her phone. Texts or not, it occupied her time. I seriously bet, she was on her Facebook the whole time. So, I learnt that I can unplug/leave phone at home/turn it off or put it in silent mode, while she (and father and sibs) can't.

          Oh yeah, you refused to be a tech slave. But remember their frustration/s when they can't get hold of you? 
Oi, hush.

  • She's more pragmatic than I am. Well mothers are... when it comes to parting with money. She was asking me for input ~ me, the fogged brainless. Lol. I was not much of  a help and rendered myself a shame. She ended not buying anything. That kinda dispelled the guilt that was gnawing my soul.


5. Seize the moment. I really can't stop hating myself  since Monday morning. I was out early to send a package to Manila. When I was done I had to be somewhere else. While waiting for the traffic light to turn red, there in the same spot where we (pedestrians) were, was a man singing along with Madel's Grill's jingle. What made him interesting was that, he was singing on his microphone ~ made of newspaper and colorful straw ropes and had a long cord (made of the same rope) attached to his version of pastel colored boom box ~ and dancing with the song, unmindful of the passersby. I don't know if he was in there for the attention/show/alms or if he was a little loose in the head, but his enjoyment amused me definitely and made my morning. What I was/am hating myself for was that, I had the camera with me. For the life of me, I got shy taking my camera out from my bag and take a photo of the man in the crowd! Bummer. I went on my way, proceeded to cross the street with the thought I could catch him again on my way home. Sh@#$%$%$%^&^&*&@##@$$%$T!!! All the expletives in the world filled my brain when he was gone when I came back after few minutes. So yes, I still hate me now. I need to see the man again for photo op and to give my soul a rest. Lol.

Madel's Grill is just across Gaisano Metro Colon and one can't miss it. Maybe one of these days I'll try their food. I found part of Madel's Grill jingle in Youtube, so here's to the LSS:




6. Procrastination - one reason to look forward to waking up the next day. Yo, laundry, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment