Thursday, June 25, 2015

Birthday Is Food & All Those Little Things That Count; Happy Birthday, June Babies!

Today is the Feast of Saint John the Baptist. Also, my birthday. So, I'd be happy if someone can sing for me? I really can't stand my singing voice. Lol.

I decided today is going to be perfect. And, I really think it's important to say that to one's self upon waking up. I am honest to admit I'd been going through these last few days with painful constriction in my chest. It feels like I'm one curvy specimen of a girl who has to hide the evidence of my gender by binding my assets with layers of gauze and look like a man for some impossible mission. You've seen that in movies, don't you? Remember She's The Man (Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum)? Only, it's a pain for entirely another reason. But no sob story today, sorry. We'll do that in another rainy day. Maybe. Lol.

The day has been so kind to agree with me with these following:

1. A nun greeted me "Happy birthday!" at the church.
Like any decent human being, I am (and always will be) grateful for the gift of life (yes, whether it sucks sometimes, still). Being a Catholic, it's tradition to make some thankful offering for another year we're blessed with. When I was younger I felt this was an obligation that I had to do without thought because it was just the way it was. But now, it's just different, it becomes a way of life to be always thankful.

The nun who took the paper where I wrote the reason for the mass offering (birthday) and who's offering (moi) was smart to figure out, from my name, that it's me who's having the birthday. So yeah, my name's a female version of St. John's. Don't get excited and think that because it's my birthday I'm going to make it easy. You can make a guess from these variations: Joan, Joanna, Joanne, Jean, Jeanne, Jenny, Jeannie, etc. When you get it, we'll have dinner, my treat. Lol.

2. Google greeted me with sweet treats.
There goes my initials.

3. I indulged myself with more sweets and pack of something sour and spicy.


So yes,
[1] I love vanilla ice cream.
[2] I like wheat something. That one above, one side's covered with chocolate. Double awesome.
[3] Birthday in the Philippines is celebrated with something long - noodles, spaghetti, you get the idea- for long life (also, long lie. lol. that one I stole from a friend). But I'm cheap I went for the instant kind instead of cooking from scratch.

4. My family in the island was celebrating with me. My mother was so thoughtful to tag me.

[1] That's the real deal with the veggies and pork/meat. (I mentioned above about the tradition of cooking food of something long on birthdays). That's pancit canton. 
[2] That's dinuguan
[3] Grilled pork.

No, the leashed dogs were not for the occasion. Ekkk. 

5. They're thoughtful to want me to gain weight.





To the June babies, I'm sharing these with you. Most importantly, I'm wishing you love, joy and peace of mind. Cheers! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment