Friday, May 15, 2015

Two Gentlemen And A Brother

Photo by Google Image


          Sometimes it's not about you or me doing something good for someone. Sometimes it's about witnessing others doing a random act of kindness for someone else that can make our day-and I feel blessed to witness that and every second of it filled my heart with happiness.

          I look forward to Fridays and Sundays, well when I am here in Cebu. That's because I get to spend an hour with the Lord. Being in His place of worship always feels like home to me, always gives me this indescribable peace. It feels... divine. 

          Anyway, it's during Fridays and Sundays when the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño is packed with people. Seats are not enough. With the mass going on every hour in these special days( Friday is the day for novena to Sr. Sto. Niño and Sunday, well, it's always a special day), it's the case of "first come, first serve" basis where the seat is concern. Today I was lucky to be able to sit.

          With the people flocking in and seats taken, some were fine being on their feet for the entire hour of the mass. And then something good happened Two men-who were in different directions but both were in my line of vision-stood up, not at the same time though, and approached the older women near them and offered their seats. The first act of kindness happened before the mass started and the second while the mass was going on. The ladies accepted the offer and the men graciously endured an entire hour standing. 

          Watching that happened, I was like, "Oh Lord, You never failed to make my day!" It was moving, fulfilling and beautiful. Bless their souls!

          And tonight, my brother treated me and my two other siblings to dinner! How sweet is that?! We went to Bucket Shrimp along Orchid Street (that's near Cebu Doctors University Hospital and Capitol Building). How unique the place is, I'll tell you in my next entry. For now, this girl is about to doze off. 

          Ciao, everyone. Hope you have a great night/morning wherever in the world you are.


         



No comments:

Post a Comment