Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Should I follow the rules, or follow my intuition?

That was a question Nik Sharma, a scientist turned pastry chef, asked to himself. I came across his story in Yahoo news and was inspired by his guts to give up a stable career to pursue his lifelong dream of cooking. I got to browse his blog, A Brown Table, and it's filled with recipe entries complemented with dark and moody pictures of his adventures in the kitchen. It turned out that besides being the chef, he was his own photographer! What made his pictures stand out was that he highlighted the motions. You can see for yourself how every pouring, whipping, spreading, and the like, had been emphasized in his photographs, as you browse through his blog. Just to give you the preview of what you will see in his blog, here are some pictures from Nik Sharma's A Brown Table:



                         


The drama in the pictures. The story they tell. Beautiful, aren't they? Not to mention that they're about food, this foodie enthusiast died... and live again. Food and art... what could possibly turn ugly?


Why him in my blog?

Good question. By sheer coincidence, meeting him for the first time (weird that I say that without actually meeting him in person, but I do hope you get my drift, yes?), inspired me. His story is pushing me, and telling me I am in the right direction as far as my dream is concern.

I am about to embark on a journey that I know will take a lot of work. I can see the frustration ahead. I can feel the excruciating pain of moving forward while being hold down by woes that I know are inevitable. I am aware of my lack of resources, e.g. money and humans. But the thing is, it filled my mind since the idea gave birth to itself. I'll update about it, and the progress as I go along. For now, I tell you, the idea was complicated at first, but with the constant thinking of how to make it work, it becomes better and more viable to be executed, in my opinion at least. I pray for focus and strength!

Funny thing happened, or more of coincidences, or some more boost of confidence, perhaps? After I read about Nik Sharma's story, I opened another link which brought me to quotes by famous and successful people. The one that struck the most is this:


    


Good luck. To. Me. And God, help me!














No comments:

Post a Comment